A little over a month ago, I was tagged to participate in the Next Big Thing blog chain by fellow author CLR Dougherty. Since I’m madly working on my next book, I agreed. So, I’ll say thanks to CLR, and encourage you to visit his blog, C.L.R.Dougherty , if you haven’t already done so. Also, check out his and his wife’s blog site to see the life they lead on the water.
Here’s the information on my coming release.
1) What is the working title of your next book?
The Beckoning of Beautiful Things
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
We went to La Paz in December and I got into a little bit of mischief when the younger than me and very cute Dive Master thought I was coming on to him. Yes, my life partner was on the boat with us. It turned out to be an awkward moment that turned into a great story. The guy was hot, and I mean HOT!
On the way home, one of my dear pals fainted on the plane. He was dehydrated and probably had a bit of Montezuma’s Revenge rolling through his gut. The doctor who hustled to the front of the place was another hunk of Latino love. I combined the two men into one character and began to spin my tale, inspired by the sun and sea of La Paz.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
It’s a paranormal adventure with erotic elements and romantic suspense.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Not sure about this one. The heroine, Marissa Engles, is a dark haired beauty with long wavy hair. Her lover, Daniel Navid, is of Brazilian and Guatemala heritage. Of course, he’s a serious hunk of eye candy! Both characters have interesting abilities so it would take quite the actor to fill their shoes!
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Love restores light to reveal darkness.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be self-published.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Still working on it but I began writing it in Dec. 2012.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Hmmm, I’m told that my books are pretty unique so I’ll leave it to the reader to decide.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
See above about my recent trip to La Paz.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s got lot’s of twists and turns as Marissa discovers who she is and struggles to discover who her lover is – no one is as they seem on the outside!